Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An Upcoming Concert and a Broken Instrument


My zero period class this past month and a half has since become obsessed with one thing. The upcoming concert. We decided that it would be mighty fun to do a concert with themes from famous video games. And so that's what we're doing. We've got some famous themes in here - Mario, Zelda, Halo, Tetris, 007, and many more. For any of you who want to come, and trust me, it's gonna be worth coming, the actual concert is May 22nd, 7:00 PM in Bishop Kelly, Boise Idaho.

Meanwhile, we are in the throes of last-minute preparations and song-learning. One of the undoubtedly biggest obstacles that we've run into is that my ocarina broke.

An obvious question - What's an ocarina?

Well, and ocarina is a small flute/whistle-like musical instrument. It is essential to one of the pieces in the upcoming concert. I bought one back in January, but it broke. So I bought another one. This time, my friend broke it. So we bought another one, but that one broke in the hall. So I bought another one. (The thing's fragile). That third one lasted - I carried it around in a case, and only when the case got taken did I finally break this one. And it's a shame. I've fallen in love with this little instrument, and I'm gonna need it for the concert.

So now we're a week away from the concert and we're missing an instrument. We're trying to order another one, but it's a little hectic. Why did it have to break? Oh well. More on this later.

1 comment:

Bronte said...

the concert was awesome

joe is deffinately a music nerd
a cool one though so thats okay tehe