Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend In McCall: On The Road Again


Here is the final chapter of my McCall quadrology (yes I made that word up). But anyway, read through the last few, because this one may be a little bit dull. This is the day that Mom, Dad, Andy, Julie, Brian, Billy, and Annie, and I all pack up and go home.

There's not much to say about the actual packing up, except that it was accompanied by the normal "where's all my stuff" panic and the normal "you should have kept track of your things" scolding from Mom. Sometimes I wonder if my family is normal... I know that I'm not.

And this of course was accompanied by the normal shuffle into the cars. Back to the long drive home. Like I've said in the first chapter of the quadrology, the road is unnerving and difficult. This was not helped by the fact that we were driving in blizzard conditions. Usually the drive takes two hours, and this time it took two and a half. All I could do was listen to my iPod.

Julie, Brian, Billy, and Annie split up with us once we rolled into Boise to visit Kurt & Amy & Ali (Brian is Dad's brother and Amy is Dad's sister, so all three are siblings). We went home and I started working on my homework. Of course, distraction is a dangerous game, and I often end up wasting hours off-topic. Yeah, it happened again. I'm acutally supposed to do homework right now...

Julie & Brian and their kids are staying with us tonight and they'll be gone on Tuesday. So there's the happy ending to the McCall quadrology...

No comments: