Saturday, June 14, 2008

Swim Team


Well like I mentioned earlier in my sum-up of what my summer was planned to be, I am going to be having swim team every Monday through Friday for the next month and a half, from June 9th to mid-August. Fun, right?

Well, yeah, for the most part, but here's the catch. It's at seven-thirty in an unheated pool. Oh boy.

That's not usually a problem really-in the summer the pool heats up quick and we usually complain more about the swims than we do about the cold. But lately it's been very, very cold out in the mornings, forcing them to close on some days and make us run the others (in place of swimming). I'm not sure who to blame, but I wish it would heat up. These morning swims in almost freezing water are really getting to me...

It's actually kind of entertaining to hear the swim coaches' rationalizations and baits to get us in the pool. "The water's steaming! It's warmer in the water! Get in!" Well that's not saying much, it's cold as hell above the water too. They're both cold - so what if there's a slight temperature difference? I'd rather be back in my warm, cozy bed then freezing my butt off here.

Ok, maybe I'm whining and complaining, but I'm not the only one! One morning they only had half of the swim team show up; most took the day off becuase of the cold. And they only got four and a half kids to swim out of the ones that showed up. (The half-kid refused to put his head underwater).

But with any luck, the weatherman will be right and things will be much warmer within a week or so. I hope so. As a side note, I may also find a musical venue playing for tips outside Lowell Pool. More on that later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha remember when i came and watched ur swim practices? that was awesome im coming tomorrow i think, hey and ill pay for the movie too

~Silver said...

lol...I know it probabaly stinks for you, but it sounds really funny. oh btw
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ALCATRAZ014/JC.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

A bit late, but better late then never right ? lol. So what's being fifteen like? Anyworse than fourteen? Because if it is I'd like to know so I can began my denying of the age until I'm sixteen, lol. Anyways happy birthday JC :).