Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weekend In McCall: Snowmobiling


Welcome to my third part of the four part McCall story. You should probably read the last couple posts, but I'll try to give you a synopsis of my weekend so far. I'm hanging out at my McCall house with my extended family - My uncle Brian, my aunt Julie, and two of my younger cousins: Billy and Annie. Yesterday we went skiing and the day before we also went tubing.

Alright. There's good news and bad news about today. The bad news is that I'm missing my JV hockey playoff game. If they lose, that's it. If they win though, I'll get to play next week. The good news is that the reason for me missing it is because my folks had some really cool stuff reserved for us in McCall...

SNOWMOBILING. The day passed without interest until we finally went out to Cheap Thrills Rentals to start snowmobiling. So we grabbed some gear and drove out to the trail head where we got an overview of how to use them and which one would belong to who. Each of the parents got to drive and each of the kids got to ride along with them. I asked Mom if I would get a chance to drive.

I got more than I bargained for. I drove the majority of the trail, and I did better than Dad. Mostly though, this was because aunt Julie couldn't drive. I can't blame her - she's a Californian, and she really wasn't used to the snow. Nor was Billy or Annie. Brian seemed to enjoy it just fine, though. And I enjoyed it too - it really is a fun thing to do. Go snowmobiling!

No comments: