Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Randomness of Life



What it means to be Joe Cieslak:

Starting your own country and getting the whole class to go with it.

Ding-dong ditching, but waiting for them to answer the door.

Wearing a suit and a tophat to the first day of school.

Telling jokes in Algebra class and letting homework wait until ten at night or so.

Bringing an ocarina and playing (and singing) Celtic hymns for your class.

Never going a day without getting into an argument in Theology class.

Arranging the music for a videogame concert.

Climbing onto the roof in spare time to take some good pictures.

Getting back at your swim coaches.

Writing a novel, very slowly.

Being the first and last person to play the school's grand piano.

Getting your blog blocked and then changing the address to sidestep the authorities.

Playing guitar in the halls in between and while walking to classes.

Everybody knows you but you can't remember anybody's names...

Questioning everything, everyone.

My life is so quaint when I think about it. It's so strange, but I think that it's odd in the best possible way. Maybe I'll outgrow being so different. But I doubt it. I don't think I can ever stop taking joy. Taking Joy in the Randomness of life.

4 comments:

Bronte said...

oh so true

Bronte said...

hows it goin joe!?

Michael Moriarty said...

joe my little brother. i am enjoying reading about your escapades. i hace to say these 'randomnesses' sound utterly familiar to me, most of all the theological one and clothing ones... i miss you bro and good work with the janitor...

~Silver said...

LOL you sound like a person who knows how to wear a genuine smile.
:)