Monday, April 6, 2009

Save For Rachel


I may not have mentioned that I've done a lot of composing music lately, but I have been. In fact, with all of my old music (some of it having been remastered recently) and the new music I've managed to do, I've compiled a rough draft of my first album, called Save for Rachel.

The name of the album comes from an inside reference and I girl I'm falling for. The original name was Save for Wilson, and it was inspired by the first day of band. When we got to school, there were several boxes with 'Save for Wilson' written on them. Mr. Haskell pointed out that it'd be a good band name (or as he mentioned, at least better than 'Death Cab for Cutie'). At any rate, since that point I've been determined to start a band or do something involving that phrase. This is a compromise, and a step towards actualizing the full goal.

As for Rachel, she's a girl. And I like her. Enough to dedicate an album to her and give the prototype to her with a bonus track.

I've got other plans for the album, though. I think I'll keep the name, but I plan to add some more songs, fine-tune everything, and sell it at school for next to nothing. I can also use this to my advantage. You see, I'm running for Junior Class President. So, normally, I'll charge two dollars per album (still really cheap), but if it's a sophomore and they pledge a vote, it's a dollar. Say what you want about selling votes, but it's my material, and it's a fair discount.

I'd post some of the music up, but I don't know how. If anybody knows how to post up MP3s to a blog, please leave a comment, trying to explain, or just linking to something that will. Much appreciated.

2 comments:

Bronte said...

shes lucky :)



i want one

Unknown said...

Rachel, eh? Good luck with her Joe.

And I will definitely buy an album from you! I might not vote for you (Maybe someone better runs) but you still are the president of my heart.
(o_O)