Friday, November 23, 2007

Leftovers

le

This was my candy stash from Halloween. And now it's all gone, all gone. If only Thanksgiving leftovers could last remotely that long. Because none of you have really had joy like my Mom's chocolate caramel tart. In retrospect, it lasted pretty long for most thanksgivings. We've still got three pieces of it left. I had two of them today, but as far as my family knows I only had one. Better to just tell them what they need to know...

That's all we had to eat today for dinner. Leftovers. Just pick out what you like from a huge tub of food. Which isn't any problem so long as you don't mind stuffing in your mashed potatoes. I don't, it's tasy. And I know everybody says this, but my mom makes the best thanksgiving dinner ever, and the leftovers are almost as good as the day before. I'd show you a picture of the dessert that's left, but my camera's screwy. Oh well.

In other news, I spent most of my day at the YMCA, building a huge lego tower. And it was huge. Again, I'd show you a picture, but the camera's messed up. I'll show it as soon as I can. It started very humbly, just a couple of handfuls of two-by-four bricks overlapping each other, but by the time I was done, It had three structurally different levels, a Empire State Building style top, and came up to my chest. I even wrote a little poem along with it to make sure that if anybody took it apart, they would do something worthwile with it:

If from these bricks does thou sow,
Take your time and let thee know,
That if a single brick is gone,
All must be used, every one.

So be it ship or plane or tank,
Then not one brick may be misplaced,
For if it does, it will come back,
To 'venge its weary, painful past.

This is just another example of my joy of randomness. At any rate, it was a good day, and the tower still stands at the local YMCA.

Right now I'm watching the football game - BSU vs. Hawaii. BSU all the way! If they win this, it's on to the Sugar bowl...


"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found." - Calvin Trillin

No comments: