Thursday, June 11, 2009

Switched

I used to have an urge to write. And it was a considerable urge, perhaps comparable to some of my fellow blogger's motivation. It's what drove me to write in this blog so much in the first place.

Things have changed though, unsurprisingly.

The real urge is now to play music, and it's still not very strong. But it is strong enough to have led me to produce an album in the course of a year or so.

I may have mentioned it, but I am now studying with Del Parkinson, the head of the music department at Boise State University. He's a great guy, but furthermore he is impressed with me, and is pushing me harder, and pushing me to practice more.

At any rate, most of the motivation that got me to write my book, or got me to write daily in this blog, is now gone. It's a pity too. I can force myself to write, and I'd like to think I can still write well, but I lack the motivation to do so on a regular basis and I feel as if I have nothing to say.

So that's why I'm writing less.

Cause I'm playing more.

I'm still trying to figure out how to upload music to this damn blog...

1 comment:

~Silver said...

I know what you mean, well I hope you enjoy working on your music, and I hope you do well and succeed. I will read your blog happily as long as you continue to write. :)